Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Motorcycle ride



Okay, so Jason decided to purchase a motorcycle a while ago with mixed emotions both from he and myself. He thought it would be a great way to save on some gas and has just been wanting one for some time. Anyway, he found a "great" deal and decided to take the plunge. To make a long story short, he bought the dang thing and it sat in our garage for weeks collecting dust, no motorcycle license taken care of, not one day driven to work. He would take it out around the neighborhood maybe once a week. Anyway, our friends Brad and Kensley who were borrowing his grandfather's motorcycle asked us it we wanted to take the motorcycles and go for a ride and then to dinner. I thought it sounded really fun until I really started thinking about it. I started worrying and talking myself out of it all week. Jason doesn't have much experience driving a motorcycle and he still didn't have his motorcycle license and our luck we'd get pulled over and cited. Anyway, we decided to go (on a less populated route than previously planned) down Redwood road, west of the lake, to Santaquin and have dinner at the Family Tree and then drive back. I think we could have rung Jason's shirt out from my sweaty hands holding on by the time we got to the lake. Once we past the lake I started to relax and enjoy the ride other than losing all feeling in my rear end. We made it to the restaurant and ordered these amazingly huge scones that came with our dinner and enjoyed each other's company. After dinner we started back home as the sun was going down (HOLY CRAP IT WAS COLD)!!! We thank goodness took sweatshirts, 50 miles back home would have been a really really long drive. All in all, it was really a fun ride, minus the sweaty hands, numb butt, and the cold ride home.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Yeah! I found your blog alas! Sounds like a fun ride...except for the cold, long ride, pain in the 'you know what!' but sounds fun!

Angie said...

I love it!! Your a wild woman at heart. Love the pics. Hope all is well.

Christy said...

Hey! I found your blog through Misty's. It sounds like you guys had a great time on your ride. I love going on motorcycle rides, but Kelly's not into them at all. Your family is darling. Take care. Christy.