Monday, July 20, 2009

I know...it's been FOREVER!! Here goes summer so far!






We started in early May with Brock's 3 year old birthday party. He wanted a Spiderman party with cupcakes and balloons. So we invited a few friends and family over and called it good. He loved it and got lots of fun new toys. We have tried to stick close to home considering all my pregnancy and contraction issues (only 10 days left to go...at the most). We did however decide in all this not to move right away and just do some home improvements that we have been wanting. So we ripped out Allie's bunk beds and got her room ready for a new bedroom set. We painted her room and bought her new bedding. We replaced all the carpet in the house, bought a new flat screen TV, bought a piano, a new fridge, and a few other things.
I signed Brock up for a tumbling class that he started in May and Allie started gymnastics. It has been a struggle sitting through his tumbling classes without wanted to strangle him. It is "overly" stimulating for him and he wants to do everything when he wants and not when his teachers want. It has been very good for him and his listening and focusing skills have improved as time has gone on. His teacher had to remind me that most boys are exactly like him when they first start her classes and then they start to figure it out. Thank goodness that is (for the most part) what has happened. He will be done with tumbling once preschool starts in Aug. I decided I can't and shouldn't load myself with places to be with a new baby and school for both Allie and Brock starting soon. Allie will continue in her gymnastics (she seems to be a natural gymnast) and also her piano lessons. Anyway, we have had a busy July so far. We did the traditional Grande parade in Provo on the fourth followed by a BBQ at Jason's parents house with his siblings and parents. That night we ended up with free tickets to the Stadium of Fire which about put me over the edge, but I managed. We had a good time. We left on the 6th for St. George with my mom and brother and his friend for a week of Tuacahn and swimming. The kids were great little travelers and we basically lived in the pool, went out to eat, and saw Annie, Footloose, and High School Musical 2 at Tuacahn. The only mishap was of course Brock diving head first into the brick wall the first night there and splitting his head open. Anyone surprised...we weren't. Thankfully it wasn't bad, but enough blood to make us nervous. Since we have been back we have been in full baby mode trying to get ready for this little guy to arrive. We are having a huge struggle deciding on a name for him. I want a one syllable that starts with a C. I know it's dumb...that way I can have kids with an A, B, and C name. Anyway, we'll see what happens. We have been washing clothes and blankets, buying diapers and other baby necessities, and doing the whole nesting thing. I'm really looking forward to not feeling like crap anymore...it has been 9 very long months. Anyway, we'll post some pictures and a new post once baby boy Wootton has finally arrived.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

It's good to see an update! I hadn't seen anything from you on facebook so I was wondering if you'd had your baby! You've probably seen all the names, but 2 C one syllable names I like are Cole and Clay; 2 names that were in our top three for Kyle! Good luck I hope everything goes well!

Misty Anderson said...

How about Cash then he is bound to be successful!